Miyerkules, Abril 20, 2011

Part 5: Surrender

Waiting

I.
The rain is not letting
up, the staccato rhythm of water
on the glass and the blowing
winds lull me to sleep.

I open my eyes
to a different landscape, branches
clawing at the glass and screeching
winds fought with lightning

strikes. Ah, the swirling
leaves keep in time
of the whirling fan blades,
as the warmth of

the room causes the frosted
glass, and the vacant space
recently vacated.
When can we talk

face to face, exchanging views
and pleasantries, of what-if’s
and why-not’s, and maybe
then we can truly say

what we feel like saying.

II.
i played right into
your hand, the moments
like trickling sand in an hourglass.

i have seen with my eye
naked tricks, and yet,
the stage is properly set.

my freaking mind reels,
as you silently leer;
your greatest performance

on celluloid film, involves
me getting skimmed. i lie
waiting, the pit of my stomach

sinking, my hoarse voice
echoing across the sea raging.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento